timeware® users please note that timeware® Professional 2015 now supports the updated rules for Parental Leave due to be introduced in April 2015.
- Employees must have completed one year's service with an employer to qualify.
- 18 weeks of unpaid leave can be taken up to the child's eighteenth birthday with no more than 4 weeks per taken per year.
- Leave may be taken straight after the birth or adoption or following a period of maternity leave.
- Employees will need to request leave giving at least 21 days’ notice before the intended start date.
- Employers may ask for the notice to be in writing.
Further details on the new rules can be found at http://www.acas.org.uk/index.aspx?articleid=1637
For more information about preparing for this change, please call timeware® customer care on +44 (0)1706 659368.